I’ve been searching for the perfect soundtrack for the background that will make me feel calm and add some ambiance, so after months of trawling through Youtube (Oh, the hardship!) and Soundcloud and just about every video game that I love, I’ve come up with this so far.
- Kids Will Be Skeletons by Mogwai – this was discovered from the Life is Strange game soundtrack, and if you haven’t played that game I highly recommend it for the stunning visuals and relatable teen characters. If not for that, for the lovingly constructed soundtrack I have fallen in love with. This song has no vocals, but a lovely instrumental background which reminds me of nature in the early evening.
- Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran – everyone loves Ed Sheeran whether or not they are willing to admit it, because this talented ginger has a habit of releasing songs that tug on your heartstrings.
- Mountains by Message to Bears –
- Lost Boy by Ruth B – the simple piano backing accompanies the very sweet and tender voice of Ruth B singing a song that is calming and relatable “Neverland, I love you so, You are now my home sweet home. Forever a lost boy at last”
- Obstacles by Syd Matters – This song may just be poignant to me because of the points it’s played at during the game, so it has a very special and melancholy meaning for me. It still makes me smile though, it conjures up so many nostalgic memories for me due to the lyrics – which I won’t spoil for you.
- Crosses by Jose González – his voice is so peaceful and beautiful that I can’t help but drift away when I hear it, and I think that speaks for itself
- To All of You by Syd Matters – Syd enters this list once again, with another truly calming but slightly more upbeat song. This song has very meaningful lyrics if you tune into them but the low drawling of his voice makes it so that you don’t have to pay attention if you don’t want to.
As of 10/03/2016
NOTE: THIS LIST IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY POINT, AND WILL BE ADDED TO.
THIS IS NOT THE FINISHED PRODUCT YET 🙂